November 08, 2020
Triple C cookies
- 120g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, straight from the fridge, roughly chopped
- 190g (1 cup) brown sugar/maple sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, cold
- 415g (1 & 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla salt/salt
- 355 g (1 & 1/2 cups) dark or milk chocolate, roughly chopped
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cold butter and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add vanilla and egg. Beat again until combined – but try not to over mix.
- Add flour, cornflour, baking soda and salt, and beat on a low speed until cookie dough forms. Add chocolate and beat briefly.
- Scoop out cookie dough***, roughly 2 tablespoons per cookie, and place on prepared oven trays, leaving room for the cookie to spread.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Leave cookies to cool completely.
*Add 50g of chopped nuts if desired.